#green One Short Day In The Emerald City ATTN ANY/ALL #green #attnany #attnall

Laura Walker

The Arolos Lake was a huge thing, easily big enough that what happened at one end might not be observable at the other. But water was water and made to mix and mingle no matter whether people understood the root cause.

A couple of sevendays ago a massive herd of wild herdbeast had chosen it as their place to stop just up past the Weyr, enjoying the lush vegetation that was only allowed a decent distance from human habitation. They stopped there for several days until the delight of dragons who discovered that dinner had chosen to come right to their doorstep convinced them to move on.

But what is eaten must come out -- and with herdbeast frequently into the water they bustled around. Into the water and down the waterfall into the main Arolos Lake. There algae feasted on it, growing and spreading on their new ample foodsource.

And fish feasted just as happily on the algae, swarming to it in great shoals, fighting for it at the surface of the water.

It meant that when the Weyrfolk woke it was to a Lake which had unexpectedly turned emerald green, and to dragons who were beside themselves at the teaming fish. After all, such feasts were not to be wasted!

OOC: Anyone who goes swimming, human, firelizard, or dragon, is getting turned green for a few days. Be warned!