Re: Bath time (attn Teyra / T'od)

Alyx

"Oh, all sorts of things. Growing up a trader brat gave me plenty of opportunities..." And then she was swamped by the wave. As she resurfaced, her hair was all in her face and she shook her head trying to clear it. She coughed once, then laughed as she felt Stakarth's amusement, and the little green dragon stood up on her back legs in the water, and dropped herself back down into the lake in a dragon style belly flop.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"A wild child?" T'od was intrigued, "Tell me more, what sort of mischief did you used to get up to?"

Awsonth snorted. Surely Stakarth didn't think that she, with a much smaller mass than him, would be able to make a larger wave? But he was willing to humour her if he had to. Without another sound he dropped his full weight back into the water, sending a large wave towards the unsuspecting riders. ((There!)) he sent to Stakarth. ((Now it's your turn!))

ooc: sorry to switch the dragon-speak to brackets mid-thread but I can't train myself into the italics lol

On 24 August 2018 at 02:29, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra couldn't help herself, she giggled at his expression. It was a very familiar one after all.

"Sorry, sorry," she breathed in between giggles. "It's just my mother used to say that to me all the time. I was always her wild child."

Stakarth hadn't been aware that it was becoming a contest, but a wave contest? That sounded like fun to her. And certainly wasn't approaching the line of being a proper little green lady.  ((I can do better. But you first!))

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 2:42 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
You call that a wave? Awsonth drawled as Stakarth made a small one. He checked that T'od wasn't paying him any attention before raising himself up, ready to flop down in the water.

T'od grinned at Teyra. "Well hello there, fair lady," he said, "Who would have guessed you were blonde under all that mud?" And cute. But he didn't say that aloud, although the expression in his eyes indicated he approved of what he saw.

On 21 August 2018 at 18:24, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra did keep her eyes closed, and finally once all the mud was gone, she raised her head again, and smiled up at him. "Thanks for the help." Though wet her hair was now obviously very blonde, which provided a striking look with her golden colored eyes. Stakarth near them dropped to her belly in the water, creating a small sloshy wave.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 4:55 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Here goes, then" T'od warned her and poured water repeatedly over Teyra's head until it ran clear. Each handful came with a warning before he let it go and he hoped the greenrider was keeping her eyes shut.

On 17 August 2018 at 21:53, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
The tone of the blue flits scolding changed as the strange man went nearer to his pet. But he didn't dive bomb or anything like that. Instead he went down, landing on the tip of Stakarth's wing, watching the pair avidly. The green dragon didn't seem to care one bit about her small percher. Lali flipped his wings closed over his back. As if trying to get the last word about the subject.

Teyra closed her eyes, ignoring the scolds. She wasn't a little girl anymore, and sometimes Lali didn't seem to realize that. But he was a good flit, and well trained other than his scolding. She swam a little closer, she was good at treading water, she had gotten used to it a long time ago as she'd always been pretty slight, and when others were still on the sand, she was not.

"Thanks, that's the biggest problem of the mud from there, it clings."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Gesturing to Teyra to come nearer, T'od cupped his hands and poured water over the worst of the muddy bits, leaving her face. "You'd better cover your eyes before I sort the rest out," he grinned, "I think 'mud in your eye' is an ancient expression, but we don't want it in this case." He chuckled at what she'd said regarding the flit, he was pretty glad he didn't have one right then and there.

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:21, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra laughed a little, but didn't move away. "Sure, I've not got a mirror here to see the bits I miss. And yea he is, Da got him for me when I was a kid, before I came here. So his job forever has been watching out for me."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Great, I'll go give them a smell soon," T'od enthused, then cleared his throat. "Um... Teyra, you've missed a few bits. D'you mind if I...?" He mimicked splashing more water onto her. "Maybe your flit will calm down then. He sounds a bossy boots!"

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:13, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra nodded, the movement dropping a few bits of mud from her face and hair. Once they were in to the water a bit, well it didn't take long at all before the rather slight woman couldn't touch the bottom anymore. She ducked under the water, scrubbing her face and hair rapidly. Emerging, though still  a few mud splats were visible, her blonde hair, and freckles were now rather evident.

Stakarth, well she had no such reservations and splashed right into the lake. Proud as could be. Once she was mostly submerged, a smallish blue flit appeared above the pair, chittering at both of them in a most disapproving fashion. If a dragon could be said to roll her eyes, the skinny little green did so. She ducked her head under the water and blew air out as bubbles at the scolding blue.

Teyra, who actually could, did roll her eyes, then looked over at T'od. "Yea they have all kinds of scents, even some kinda piney ones. And don't mind Lali, he's been my protector for ages and doesn't much like when Stakarth and I go getting all dirty."

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:18 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
T'od nodded with a smile. "Who wouldn't want a bit more pleasant scent in their life? I shall have to go and see for myself. I take it they have ones which aren't too feminine?" He bowed to the green rider and gestured for them to go first into the water.

Awsonth was happy to follow, although he knew that if he started splashing about there would be some very wet people due to his size. That would be inconsiderate of him, to say the least.

On 8 August 2018 at 20:28, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"Oh well she might have gotten it from me. I'm no stranger to muck. I was a trader brat, in and out of mud, water, and all sorts of plants. Though growing up with traders, I've learned a bit about anything, and there's a shop down there who makes this truly lovely scented soap. Worth the extra trip." Teyra grinned a little and waved towards the lake. "Come on then Stakarth let's get you rinsed shall we?"

The spry little green raised her head high, not the least bit ashamed of her mud, and walked into the water with high splashy steps. ((Oh as long as I want, or as long as I am allowed. They aren't always the same, you can come join me if you want.))

Teyra rolled her eyes a bit at Stakarth's spirited splashing, but followed her in muddy clothes and all. And well why not? They were dirty too.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"So you wanted to get clean and smell nice, and she wanted to get muddy and smell dirty," T'od chuckled softly. "Clearly a conflict of interest between you. I think you'll have to take it in turns. I mean, I assume Stakarth realises you can't go to drills covered in mud..."

You never itch afterwards? The bronze's mindtone was thoughtful. It definitely sounded like it had exfoliating or moisturising effects. I will ask my rider to take us there sometime. I must investigate for myself. He took the mind picture from the green, nodding slowly in acknowledgement. And how long do you leave it on for?

On 7 August 2018 at 20:53, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"I'd sure appreciate that. I still don't know where she comes up with this stuff. I mean I went in to buy some soap, there's a shop that with amazing scents, and I come out to her flopping about in the river, looking more a brown than green!" Of course this wasn't the first time, and likely would not be the last either.

((It feels lovely I never itch after. Here it looks like this.)) The green's mind filled with a small dock, a wide floodplain, the river with many channels heading into the ocean, and the spot with her special mud, three sandbars away from the town nearby. ((But now mine tells me I must be clean. It is alright though. we will go back soon.))

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"I'm T'od, my bronze is Awsonth," the bronzer replied with an answering smile, "Well, I'll take your word for it. Hopefully she won't take too much time to clean up! I'm happy to help you, if you'd like?"

Awsonth looked Stakarth over carefully. It is possible that such deep, fine silt is extremely good for the hide. Softening and cleansing properties, perhaps. I believe that there are some ladies who would want to try it for themselves. Will you show me pictures of where it was?

On 6 August 2018 at 21:46, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra couldn't help smiling a little at the bronze rider, as she took his hand to get up. Once on her feet she told him, "Thanks, I'm Teyra, this mudball is Stakarth. Somewhere under there is a green dragon believe it or not." There wasn't much that could be told about Teyra at the moment, other than she had long hair and golden eyes, and was a tiny little thing. The rest, like her dragon was covered currently in mud.

Stakarth rumbled happily at the bronze ((We went to where the river joins the sea, it drops lots of mud there. Mine went to buy some things, and I decided to take a mud bath while I waited. It was totally worth the looks on some of the people's faces.)) She snorted once at the thoughts. ((You'd think they'd never seen a muddy dragon before!))

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 1:31 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Hiding a smirk as the greenrider fell over, T'od went across and extended a hand to help her up. "My lady?" he said courteously, "May I help you?"

Awsonth rumbled at the green. You are incredibly covered. Where did you find such a deep wallow? Was it warm mud or cool? Perhaps this was useful information that he could pass on to someone else at a later date.

On 5 August 2018 at 20:54, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra took a moment to reply. Both rider, and dragon were covered in a grey brown muck. The mud was seemingly everywhere on the skinny green, but she didn't seem the least bit concerned. In fact she looked obscurely pleased with the mess she'd created. Teyra, had been tugging at the last bit of straps, the mud had effectively glued shut, and when it gave, she toppled over, landing on her butt in the sand.

"Shards, but that one was stuck!" Only then did she seem to notice the bronze pair landing nearby. She sat up, wiping a grimy hand across her forehead and gave him a bashful smile.

"Uh sorry about that, yes it is a lovely day..." Teyra would have continued, perhaps appologising for their appearance, but Stakarth took up the conversation, ((Yes it is, it was a lovely day, and I found mud. It feels so nice on my hide.))

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
But if we bath now I can dry in the sun without needing to move. Awsonth as usual was being.. not exactly lazy, but conserving the strength in his back legs. If there was no need for him to take flight again after the bath, why should he? Then you can go and eat, and we can fly back up later.

T'od couldn't fault his logic, which was no surprise,so he agreed and the pair winged their way down to the lake. One of their preferred spots was already taken by a number of splashing and cavorting young dragons, so they went a little further than normal. Coming down by a green pair, whose names T'od wasn't sure of, he waved anyway as he removed Awsonth's harness.

"Lovely day for it, isn't it?" he called across to the green's rider.