Re: What should I do? (attn Cremsden / Ishkana)

Lindsay

"It's OK, I don't catch things often." Ishkana was pretty healthy in general. "I get a bit tired sometimes, but I don't think it's anything..." She studied her hands rather than look the healer in the eye.

ooc: Nothing that three meals a day won't fix

On 22 August 2018 at 09:23, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
Cremsden grinned. "Sometimes. But more to the point, if you're applying a lot of it there's a risk that *any* protective coating on your hands is going to wear off. And the first you're likely to know about that is when you've already made yourself useless for a few hours. How's your health been generally?"

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:21 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Oil after redwort? That was a new one on her. But she guessed he knew what he was talking about. "A paddle for larger areas, sir? Is it less..." She waved her hands, not knowing the right word, "Less tickly for some patients?" She nodded, shadowing someone would be good. She learned quickly. "Yes please, sir. I want to do this."

On 20 August 2018 at 12:07, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"You get used to people being sick on you," Cremsden assured her. "And crapping on you for that matter. Sensitive stomachs don't last long around here." He ran through her list in his head for a moment. "_Oil_ to stop numbweed, sweetheart, redwort then oil else you'll be useful for very little for the rest of the day. Though depending on what it's for you may want to use a paddle. Fellis sedates -- you need to remember that if you're using it, though you won't be prescribing yourself for a good while. Remind riders of it if you get asked to give them some by a journeyman though -- no-one should be *between*ing on fellis and sometimes people forget if the patient's not in front of them to check the knots. Not a bad list all the same though." He sounded approving despite his corrections. "Generally we'll try to give you at least a short period each day shadowing someone. Means you see what's going on and you never know when we'll need a runner for something not in the room."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 8:43 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Ishkana beamed at him. That was a nice clear information request. "I can read well, write okay and do numbers. I know numbweed is generally used for skin or muscle pain, and fellis for inside pain. Redwort is to make things clean and stops the effects of numbweed on a healer's hands. I can make klah and fold bandages, and I don't really have a problem with blood although if someone's sick on me I may throw up too. I generally only got to watch bits and pieces in the Hold, and not do anything except tidying, stirring numbweed kettles and sweeping the floor. Oh, and I'm quite fast at picking and packing needlethorn."

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 12:00, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"An aunt and uncle," Ishkana clarified, "Cousins of my mother, so not really close family. Jerronila is one of their children."

"It happens," Cremsden nodded agreeably. "Okay. What I need from you then is to tell me about what kind of things you did growing up - chores, lessons, that kind of thing. We can work to fill in gaps but my life is a lot easier if I know that the gaps are there and need to be filled than if we proceed assuming that knowing how to do a certain thing is standard and end up with you lost." He smiled at her. "Conversely, particularly if you've done any work at all in an Infirmary, there's no point wasting everyone's time by teaching you basics you're already solid on."