Re: Planning Escape Attn Lerian, Lesal, Kel

Alyx

Lerian dropped down into the grass nearby, and huffed. "That's no fun, what's the good of being outdoors if all they let you do is sit there?" Lerian did a quick look around, and bit his lip. He had a plan, but he might need some help pulling if off.

"Can you jog? Or walk fast?" Lerian asked intently.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Lerian, unlike some of the other candidates who had been recruited, had actually volunteered to come on this excursion. Since arriving in Arolos he'd not left the weyr much at all, and wanted to familiarize himself with the area as much as he could.  He had just about wandered the entire way around the camp, and was looking for something to do. He was a bit small for his age and many people didn't take his willingness to help seriously. So he'd grabbed a small bag, and filled it with food, mostly snacky stuff that would be easy for boys to eat. He was accompanied by two flits, the bronze Sandy, and the tiny blue Star who was riding his shoulder.

Then he spotted someone who seemed to be in pretty much the same boat as him. Then as he walked over, he recognized the other boy. That made him happy, not only that he knew another kid here, but that Kel had been allowed to come when he'd been so sick. A few paces out Lerian greeted the pair with a grin.

"Hey Kel, Gavorth. I'm glad to see you guys out. How you feeling? I know I'm pretty bored just sitting around camp. I came here to see things!"

Kel looked at him blankly, clearly having no idea he was. Gavroth rumbled a welcome though, raising his head.

((He was in the Infirmary,)) he explained. ((When you were sick. He helped.))

((Oh! One of the Healers.)) Well, that made sense. Almost every other person here seemed to be a Healer after all. Still, it probably raised the chance he would report an escapee to Evrand and Kel tried to look as though he hadn't been considering anything other than being a good meek young patient.

"Meant to be resting," he mumbled, a bit sullenly. "Can't over-exert."