Re: Surely That Is What Numbweed Smells Like Attn Any #medhunt

Laura Walker

"Could do that.  But then we might get put on something that really
does stink," L'eo said with a shrug and a grin.  This wasn't so bad a
job, and he'd hate to get put on something worse if it sounded like he
was complaining about this task.

"Ah, well, they needed volunteers, yeah?  Kinda boring, stuck in the
Weyrling Wing all the time."

One of the downfalls of Impressing at a young age; you couldn't just
graduate to one of the actual Wings until you were at least 16, and
L'eo had another turn to go before that happened.  At least he'd have
plenty of basic experience before then.  And, though he wouldn't say
it out loud, and certainly not to R'tal, it was a chance to spend time
with his dad, however indirectly.  Being assigned to the same chore as
him at least gave L'eo a chance to chat with R'tal.  At least here he
would be noticed, even if just a bit.

Though R'tal was giving him looks that suggested he at least vaguely recalled that he *should* remember him even if he couldn't quite remember why.

"You one of the kids they've got helping the Healers then? I remember K'ren saying something about there being more of them about after that clutch of little dragons."