Re: Bath time (attn Teyra / T'od)

Lindsay

Gesturing to Teyra to come nearer, T'od cupped his hands and poured water over the worst of the muddy bits, leaving her face. "You'd better cover your eyes before I sort the rest out," he grinned, "I think 'mud in your eye' is an ancient expression, but we don't want it in this case." He chuckled at what she'd said regarding the flit, he was pretty glad he didn't have one right then and there.

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:21, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra laughed a little, but didn't move away. "Sure, I've not got a mirror here to see the bits I miss. And yea he is, Da got him for me when I was a kid, before I came here. So his job forever has been watching out for me."

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 2:17 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Great, I'll go give them a smell soon," T'od enthused, then cleared his throat. "Um... Teyra, you've missed a few bits. D'you mind if I...?" He mimicked splashing more water onto her. "Maybe your flit will calm down then. He sounds a bossy boots!"

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 21:13, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra nodded, the movement dropping a few bits of mud from her face and hair. Once they were in to the water a bit, well it didn't take long at all before the rather slight woman couldn't touch the bottom anymore. She ducked under the water, scrubbing her face and hair rapidly. Emerging, though still  a few mud splats were visible, her blonde hair, and freckles were now rather evident.

Stakarth, well she had no such reservations and splashed right into the lake. Proud as could be. Once she was mostly submerged, a smallish blue flit appeared above the pair, chittering at both of them in a most disapproving fashion. If a dragon could be said to roll her eyes, the skinny little green did so. She ducked her head under the water and blew air out as bubbles at the scolding blue.

Teyra, who actually could, did roll her eyes, then looked over at T'od. "Yea they have all kinds of scents, even some kinda piney ones. And don't mind Lali, he's been my protector for ages and doesn't much like when Stakarth and I go getting all dirty."

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:18 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
T'od nodded with a smile. "Who wouldn't want a bit more pleasant scent in their life? I shall have to go and see for myself. I take it they have ones which aren't too feminine?" He bowed to the green rider and gestured for them to go first into the water.

Awsonth was happy to follow, although he knew that if he started splashing about there would be some very wet people due to his size. That would be inconsiderate of him, to say the least.

On 8 August 2018 at 20:28, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"Oh well she might have gotten it from me. I'm no stranger to muck. I was a trader brat, in and out of mud, water, and all sorts of plants. Though growing up with traders, I've learned a bit about anything, and there's a shop down there who makes this truly lovely scented soap. Worth the extra trip." Teyra grinned a little and waved towards the lake. "Come on then Stakarth let's get you rinsed shall we?"

The spry little green raised her head high, not the least bit ashamed of her mud, and walked into the water with high splashy steps. ((Oh as long as I want, or as long as I am allowed. They aren't always the same, you can come join me if you want.))

Teyra rolled her eyes a bit at Stakarth's spirited splashing, but followed her in muddy clothes and all. And well why not? They were dirty too.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"So you wanted to get clean and smell nice, and she wanted to get muddy and smell dirty," T'od chuckled softly. "Clearly a conflict of interest between you. I think you'll have to take it in turns. I mean, I assume Stakarth realises you can't go to drills covered in mud..."

You never itch afterwards? The bronze's mindtone was thoughtful. It definitely sounded like it had exfoliating or moisturising effects. I will ask my rider to take us there sometime. I must investigate for myself. He took the mind picture from the green, nodding slowly in acknowledgement. And how long do you leave it on for?

On 7 August 2018 at 20:53, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"I'd sure appreciate that. I still don't know where she comes up with this stuff. I mean I went in to buy some soap, there's a shop that with amazing scents, and I come out to her flopping about in the river, looking more a brown than green!" Of course this wasn't the first time, and likely would not be the last either.

((It feels lovely I never itch after. Here it looks like this.)) The green's mind filled with a small dock, a wide floodplain, the river with many channels heading into the ocean, and the spot with her special mud, three sandbars away from the town nearby. ((But now mine tells me I must be clean. It is alright though. we will go back soon.))

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"I'm T'od, my bronze is Awsonth," the bronzer replied with an answering smile, "Well, I'll take your word for it. Hopefully she won't take too much time to clean up! I'm happy to help you, if you'd like?"

Awsonth looked Stakarth over carefully. It is possible that such deep, fine silt is extremely good for the hide. Softening and cleansing properties, perhaps. I believe that there are some ladies who would want to try it for themselves. Will you show me pictures of where it was?

On 6 August 2018 at 21:46, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra couldn't help smiling a little at the bronze rider, as she took his hand to get up. Once on her feet she told him, "Thanks, I'm Teyra, this mudball is Stakarth. Somewhere under there is a green dragon believe it or not." There wasn't much that could be told about Teyra at the moment, other than she had long hair and golden eyes, and was a tiny little thing. The rest, like her dragon was covered currently in mud.

Stakarth rumbled happily at the bronze ((We went to where the river joins the sea, it drops lots of mud there. Mine went to buy some things, and I decided to take a mud bath while I waited. It was totally worth the looks on some of the people's faces.)) She snorted once at the thoughts. ((You'd think they'd never seen a muddy dragon before!))

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 1:31 AM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Hiding a smirk as the greenrider fell over, T'od went across and extended a hand to help her up. "My lady?" he said courteously, "May I help you?"

Awsonth rumbled at the green. You are incredibly covered. Where did you find such a deep wallow? Was it warm mud or cool? Perhaps this was useful information that he could pass on to someone else at a later date.

On 5 August 2018 at 20:54, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Teyra took a moment to reply. Both rider, and dragon were covered in a grey brown muck. The mud was seemingly everywhere on the skinny green, but she didn't seem the least bit concerned. In fact she looked obscurely pleased with the mess she'd created. Teyra, had been tugging at the last bit of straps, the mud had effectively glued shut, and when it gave, she toppled over, landing on her butt in the sand.

"Shards, but that one was stuck!" Only then did she seem to notice the bronze pair landing nearby. She sat up, wiping a grimy hand across her forehead and gave him a bashful smile.

"Uh sorry about that, yes it is a lovely day..." Teyra would have continued, perhaps appologising for their appearance, but Stakarth took up the conversation, ((Yes it is, it was a lovely day, and I found mud. It feels so nice on my hide.))

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
But if we bath now I can dry in the sun without needing to move. Awsonth as usual was being.. not exactly lazy, but conserving the strength in his back legs. If there was no need for him to take flight again after the bath, why should he? Then you can go and eat, and we can fly back up later.

T'od couldn't fault his logic, which was no surprise,so he agreed and the pair winged their way down to the lake. One of their preferred spots was already taken by a number of splashing and cavorting young dragons, so they went a little further than normal. Coming down by a green pair, whose names T'od wasn't sure of, he waved anyway as he removed Awsonth's harness.

"Lovely day for it, isn't it?" he called across to the green's rider.