Re: Even I can tell that's stupid, and I'm a novice! (Ysolde/Ishkana) @Lynn642

Nutmeg

The straight forward approach of the newcomer was appreciated. Ysolde hated faffing around. Maithera nodded at the apprentice, acknowledging the correctness in her presumptions. "You're absolutely right there, Ishkana, well done. What suggestions would you recommend for someone in this situation and how would you consider putting them into practice?"

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Ishkana glanced at the journeyman briefly before looking back at Ysolde. "I think," she said slowly, "You need to train yourself to always take precautions, no matter what you're doing. You already have permanent damage, but with this degree of sunburn you can make it worse and cause other things... correct me if I'm wrong mam?" She stopped so Maithera would know she was waiting on confirmation for what she'd said.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 at 11:16, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
She wasn't surprised at the question, it seemed to be the most obvious one. It was also a fair question to ask. "Wasn't paying attention." she said simply at first. "It was my own fault, I didn't think I would be out as long as I was, so I didn't bother with the proper clothes or lotion. Then I got distracted and by the time I felt the burn it was too late, so I came straight here."

Ysolde was matter of fact about it and didn't display any signs of self pity. Later on, when the pain really set in, that would probably change a bit. She offered a sheepish smile at the other girl. "I do know better and I'm not always so scatter-brained. I just get distracted really easily if I'm concentrating on something."

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Ishkana nodded as the healer gave her Ysolde's history, wincing slightly at the severity of the scarring - and sunburn on top? Ouch.

"Ysolde, can I ask, is there a reason why you didn't follow the advice and you got sunburned today?" Ishkana took the ointment and sniffed it, trying to identify other ingredients apart from numbweed.

On 8 August 2018 at 11:14, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Of course," Maithera held back the cubicle curtain to let the apprentice come in. "Ysolde, I trust that's all right with you?"

Ysolde nodded, she was used to this and besides, it wasn't nosiness, it was professionalism. There was a difference. She waved at Ishkana, offering a small smile in return.

"Ysolde here hails from the North, as is very evident by her fair complexion and hair colour - not something that is as common here in the South." As she spoke, Maithera gestured to to the body parts in question. "So we do have a burn risk already, however as you can see, Ysolde already has substantial burn scars on her back, these travel from her nape of her neck to almost the small of her back with some extension onto the tops of her shoulders and top of her arms. These burns are significant and still susceptible to sun damage, as is evident here..." Maithera pointed to the angry sunburn on Ysolde's arms and neck.

"Ysolde is provided with protective lotions and given a strict regime in order to prevent further burn.. such as?" And here she looked pointedly at Ysolde who took the cue. "Wear a hat and cover up," she mumbled but loud enough to be audible.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:34 PM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Ishkana immediately backtracked. "Of course, mam," she answered the journeywoman, and came into the cubicle. She smiled slightly at the young woman. "Hello, I'm Ishkana. Please, let me help you." She looked briefly but enquiringly at Journeywoman Maithera. "May I ask the patient's history, mam?"

On 6 August 2018 at 19:17, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"You've been told before about being more careful Ysolde, you can't keep letting yourself get burned like this!"

The voice of the Healer coming through the curtains was exasperated, as though they had given this particular lecture many, many times before.

"If you're not going to use the ointments we make for you, we'll end up stopping making them altogether, or give them to someone else."

The voice that followed was morose and feeling more than a little sorry for itself.

"I know. I just.. I was looking for raw gems near the Lake. I didn't realise I had been out so long."

"That's all well and good, but now I've got to sign you off outdoor lessons for at least a sevenday so this burn can heal. You don't want to  be making an enemy of Candidatemaster Nayari, she's stern enough without you being in her bad books as well."

A loud sigh followed, chased after by a pained yelp.

"No, don't try and do it on your own." Maithera stuck her head out of the curtains and spotted a passing Apprentice. "Ishkana!" the Journeywoman smiled at her, beckoning her in. "Ysolde here could use a hand, she's sustained some very nasty sunburn on existing scars, would you be so kind to come and help? She needs a hand putting this ointment on."

And inside the cubicle, sat on the bed with a vest on to preserve her modesty, was a very sulky looking Ysolde, bottom lip thrust out as she awkwardly tried to remain comfortable.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.