Re: I want an adventure, do you? (Ysolde/ANY) #medhunt @Lynn#6042 #medhunt


Nutmeg
 

She didn't want to get her hopes up when she saw the girl making her way towards her. Ysolde didn't even realise she was holding her breath until she let it out in a whoosh of air. It was reassuring to see that the girl looked about as awkward as she felt. This went against her principles on so many levels. Normally, she preferred to sit in the corner, quietly feeling everyone out and then making a decision from there. This felt much too.. disorganised.

Never the less, it was a relief for someone to have answered her literal call and she smiled in relief. "I'm Ysolde," she said, swinging her bag up onto her shoulder. "You're the first, which means by my reckoning, you get first dibs."

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:33 AM Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Kenzia heard the other girl yell an tilted her head.  She had no idea why she was even here but she had decided maybe she needed to get out and met more people.  Pushing through the throng until she saw the female candidate she gave a little smile to her. “Umm sure if you no one else has come over yet?”  It was almost shy the smile she gave her. She didn’t want to push her way in but she also knew that if she didn’t get out more she was going to end up much more lonely than she was now.  She needed friends and this was one way to do it right?


On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 8:28 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
When no one replied directly to her post, Ysolde tried to quell the disappointment and told herself that people probably just hadn't been paying attention. Instead, she trotted along to the main meeting point. She really wanted to go out on this adventure but at the same time, didn't want to lie to her father and go out on her own. Not to  mention, that just wouldn't be any fun at all.

Finding the gathered troops, flanked by various seniors, Crafters and Candidatemasters, Ysolde decided to be brave and just go for it. Cupping her hands around her mouth, she shouted over the group. "Anyone want to team up and go searching together?"

She had no idea what they were even meant to be looking for but maybe the Healers would fill them in on that. She had heard someone say something about numbweed and other plants that the Healers use, but her knowledge about plants was about as comprehensive as fresh snow before someone walked on it. In other words, blanker than a new slate.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 11:04 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: Set the morning of the hunt. Note, Ysolde is signed up to find the pseudo impression weed :P

When she had told her father that she had signed up to go on this exploration to the ruins with the Healers, he had been less than enamoured with the idea.Even less so when he decided that the Candidates were going to be allowed to practically run riot. Not true, of course, but that was fatherly paranoia for you.

Eventually, after sending a stern letter to Nayari enquiring about the matter, Ysolde had been given his blessings to go. Sort of. But only under strict instructions that she was to find a buddy and that she wasn't going to be going ANYWHERE without them. But it was a compromise at least. After the lecture about keeping covered up, carrying plenty of water and wearing a hat.

The afternoon before they were supposed to set off, Ysolde set up a notice on the main message board at the front of the Barracks. There was no way that it wasn't going to  be seen by at least someone, you had to pass it every time you left the Barracks.
-
Looking for an adventurer!
Are you joining the Healer hunt?
Looking for someone to stick with?
Meet me here after breakfast tomorrow!
-
No, it wasn't exactly award winning prose, but hopefully it would catch someone's eye. Truth be told, the more she thought on it, the more she thought that having someone to go with was probably the best thing to do. Didn't someone mention a wher attack the last time?

So there she was after breakfast, her bag packed with all the essential supplies she could think of, waiting nervously by her notice. Well, if push came to shove, she would just join the group and hope for the best, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that.
--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!


--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!



--
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Florcott on AIM.

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

Join main@arolosweyr.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.