Re: What will I be? (Attn: Cremsden, Jerronila)

Laura Walker

Jerronila shook her head.
"He said it could be dangerous because you have to look after sick people and might get sick, then asked what I'd read recently."
He'd also suggested she might like looking after animals, which, just no.
She swallowed.
"If cutting off legs is part of healing," she said, though it still didn't make sense to her, "then I'll learn it too."

"Not like you'll really have a choice around here," Cremsden said bluntly. "Weyr Healer work involves a lot more emergency surgery than the Hall." He paused, still watching her. "Any reason you *didn't* go study at the Hall?"