Surely That Is What Numbweed Smells Like Attn Any #medhunt

Laura Walker

If you were going to volunteer for a Healer trip without any real skills, you couldn't really complain about what job you were given. And as R'tal had mostly come along to ensure K'ren didn't accidentally get himself eaten by whers he didn't really mind what they actually set him to do.

Still, from the way K'ren had talked about it you would have thought that watching numbweed stew was one of the most unpleasant jobs on earth.He'd talked of it in a way that suggested that if he'd tried to do it near the Weyr there might be a barrage of complaints at the very least. R'tal sniffed and shrugged. It didn't smell too badly to him, but then what did he know?

"This is an easier job than I expected," he commented to those tasked with watching with him, giving the pot an idle stir. "Is there anything we're meant to do other than watch it for burning?"