We're Going On A Med-Hunt, What A Beautiful Day! #medhunt

Laura Walker

The trip had been planned carefully, with good reason. When a previous numbweed gathering expedition had ended abruptly in wher attack no-one wanted to take risks on this one. This time attendees included guards and wher-guards for protection, riders in case a quick exit was required and of course Healers and medical supplies aplenty ready for first aid. Along with them came anyone who had been viewed to be at enough of a loose end that their idle hands could be put to work.

What no-one had planned on was the heat. The morning dawned fine, and by breakfast it was already looking to be a hot day. Riders, after dropping off their passengers, were hastily sent to bring water and shade to shelter in when breaking. Working full days in the hot sun was unlikely to be fun but it had to be done.

Still, they had landed in a veritable treasure-trove of medical supplies. Quickly the Healers split them into groups and set them to work -- making sure that enough Healers stayed out of the main tasks that aid could quickly be rendered where necessary. Some were set to gather numbweed, some were sent to the field of fellis which unexpectedly and fortunately happened to be based next to it. Large pots were set up in the shade to stew the numbweed once picked, under the resigned eyes of anyone unlucky enough to be picked for it.

And those who had escaped specific jobs, or who were meant to be guarding the site, or who were just on a break wandered at will, exploring the wilderness and seeing what might be available that the Healers had yet to spot.

OOC: And you are there! Feel free to jump off with specific threads from here.