Re: Nice to meet you, to meet you nice. (Ysolde/Margana/Zlorenth)

Laurie

Margana nodded, grinning.  It wasn't often that she got to surprise someone.  "Dragons - aren't animals.  They are fully sentient beings, and they can have the same likes and dislikes as you or me.  And Zlorenth likes - well, this kind of stuff."  She gestured.

"Others have dragons who like to dress up in ornate harness.  There was a Weyrling dragon who liked her nails painted.  If you ever get the chance, check out the dragon weyrs of other riders.  You'll be surprised.  And then you won't be surprised when you Impress, and your dragon asks you to paint their walls."  She led the way back out of Zlorenth's weyr, and gestured at the table, where her cards were still displayed.

"Would you like some water? Klah? Anything?"

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Following Margana, Ysolde looked around her with all the wonder of a child being presented with an exceptionally sparkly item. She oohed and aahed and it was obvious that her curiosity was absolutely genuine. Trotting after Margana to Zlorenth's couch, Ysolde stopped, stared and then stared some more. "That's... a lot of stuff." And it couldn't belong to the Rider, not out here. ".. Is this all... his?" She gestured at the collection, clearly not sure what to make of it. It was fascinating to say the least.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:06 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Most riders didn't have visitors often, and Margana was no exception.  Who had time for visitors, when you were busy with something a hundred types your own body weight?

{{Are you calling me fat?}} Zlorenth asked with some amusement..

Margana didn't deign to answer.  "Actually, I think the only difference is the exterior entry where the dragon's part is," she said, beckoning Ysolde to follow her.  Pushing the interior curtain aside, she gestured.  "This is where Zlorenth sleeps.  And that little tunnel that's covered with that heavier curtain is how he gets outside."  She held the curtain up so Ysolde could get a good look at Zlorenth's couch, and the items in his quarters.  One who did not have a dragon might think that the quarters would be bare, but that was not the case.  Zlorenth liked patterns - or, rather patterns that were not patterns.  Paintings or pictures that were abstract.  Blankets or quilts that had no order to them.  Even sculptures that did not look like...anything, yet were pleasing to the eye.  Someone once called it abstract art.  Margana called it 'stuff Zlorenth likes'.

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 12:19 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

The gesture, although totally unexpected, was very appreciated. Mentally she made a note to make some small trinket as a token of her gratitude as she stepped inside. "Apprentice Ysolde, I'm very pleased to meet you." Clutching the precious package under her arm, she took a look around her. She'd never been inside a Rider's weyr. In some ways it was very similar to the quarters she shared with her father. "Sorry if I'm looking around, I've never been inside a Rider weyr. I was wondering how they're different to.... you know... the normal quarters." She hadn't wanted to seem nosy even though she was itching with curiosity.

On 5 Jan 2018 1:40 am, "Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr]" <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups...com> wrote:

"No inconvenience at all," Margana said with a smile.  "I've finished my daily harness check, Zlorenth is currently happily sunning himself on the Rim, and drills aren't for another two hours.  I'm just taking some time to relax."  Granted, she could have gone to R'tal's office and done some cleanup, but the office was still clean from when she and Cremsden had their fight.

"So, instead, why don't you tell me about yourself?"

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

That she had been allowed to pet a firelizard just ranked on Ysolde's list of "best things ever" and probably, for now, quite near the top. Delightedly she had gently rubbed the top of the tiny head and managed to rein in the urge to squeal with joy. Maybe later. In private. Where no one could judge her.

"Matizon.... Matizon...." Ysolde rolled the name around and it clicked into place. "You're totally right! Oh shells, I feel so silly." And the red colour on her cheeks that currently complimented her hair was a good testament to her current embarrassment. And then Margana was offering to let her wait there and the girl almost melted with relief. "Oh are you sure? I would hate to be any sort of inconvenience."

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

Celestia preened at the compliment, and extended her head to be petted.  Margana automatically moved forward, while thinking.  Older harper, mustache, chubby...oh!

"Oh, I think you mean Master Matizon," she said suddenly.  "He has an interior weyr, about, oh," she counted in her head, "three dragon weyrs and two interior weyrs down that way."  She pointed, the way Ysolde had been walking.  "But he's not there right now - I think he's at the creche teaching the littlest littles.  They love his mustache."  She grinned.

"If you want, you can stay in here with me until he gets back.  It shouldn't be too long - the kids' attention spans really aren't that long."

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

OoC: That works for me! :D

IC: Well, the door hadn't been slammed in her face and for that Ysolde was instantly relieved. She'd spotted the Bluerider knots on the woman's shoulder and Ysolde always hated to bother the Riders. They had such busy lives. "Sure I can!" she agreed enthusiastically, red curls bouncing wildly as she nodded her head. "He's an older chap, perhaps getting on for seventy turns? Not very tall, maybe about your height... " Ysolde paused, blushing at how she was going to describe him next, but it was the only way she could think to, "... he's a bit.. well, chubby. Not massively! Just like he enjoys a piece of cake now and then. Uhm, let me see, he has white hair... no, that's not right, mostly white but still with some dark brown in it. And it was very neat. Not overly long but very well kept... oh! And he had a really neat moustache and beard....."

She paused, her face crumpled up as she tried to think if there were any other details. Unfortunately she was distracted by the arrival of the green firelizard and she beamed at the new arrival. "Oh, she's adorable! Hello there sweetling.You're beautiful, you are!"

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM, Laurie Hicks Laurie..Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

"Zorian?" Margana asked, puzzled.  The name sounded familiar, but not quite right.  Celestia flew over and landed on Margana's shoulder, interested in what was going on.

"Can you describe him to me?"  If the man lived anywhere near here, she should be able to figure out who he was.

(OOC: Is it OK if Margana realizes it's a different name?)

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

She'd heard the sound of approaching footsteps and prepared herself, setting her brightest, most polite smile onto her face. A very fast once over and she was satisfied that she was neat and presentable as well. As the door opened, for half a second, she couldn't help but hope that she'd actually found the right quarters after all. "Sorry to bother you ma'am," she said politely as the door opened. "I'm trying to find Master Zorian, he placed an order with my papa and I think we took down his living quarters wrong."

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Laurie Hicks Laurie.Lynne@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

Margana looked up from her solitary card game as she heard the knock..  It couldn't be Cremsden, since he lived here and he hadn't knocked in several months now.  She wasn't expecting any laundry deliveries, or...

{{Just answer the door,}} Zlorenth said grumpily.  {{That knocking is annoying me.  Or send Celestia out to see who it is.}}

Sending Celestia out sounded like a good idea, but Margana felt she was being paranoid.  Instead, she went and opened the door.  "Yes?" she asked.

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Nutmeg nutmeg.witch@... [ArolosWeyr] <ArolosWeyr@...> wrote:

OoC: Set in and around the measles outbreak but before the windy Fall. The Harper in question is just a made up NPC, feel free for Margana to know of him or have no idea at all xD

IC: With the package under her arm, Ysolde had set off from the Crafter quarters in search of their patron. It had been a generous commission, nothing overly fancy but a large order of buckles monogrammed and inscribed for a Harper who, in his elder years, decided that he needed a new look and apparently engraved belt buckles was it.

Looking at the instructions in her hand as she trotted through the tunnels, Ysolde was absolutely, well, nearly absolutely, positive that she had written his directions down correctly but she had knocked on four doors already and absolutely no one had heard of Master Zorian. Sigh. Either his elderly mind had gotten it completely wrong, which she doubted as he had seemed as sound as a bell or, which was far more likely, she had gotten it wrong. Well, she wasn't going to finish until she'd gotten the job done. She was positive that at the very least, she was in the right part of the Weyr, she remembered the man saying how he'd managed to get a little set of quarters up near some of the Rider weyrs which allowed him a view over the Weyr Bowl.. So, right section, just not quite.

Time to start knocking on doors and asking for directions.

Luckily, Ysolde wasn't so proud as to refuse to acknowledge that she needed a bit of help. One by one it would have to be. Striding up to the first door she came to, she rapped loudly on it, hoping someone was home.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM..