Re: Another intro.

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

Skylar spun around after hearing a masculine voice behind her. Her
cheeks colored a bit at his question...she hadn't realized she looked as
lost as she really was. "I'm fine...but I suppose I should admit that I
-am- a little lost. You see, I came here from High Reaches a day or two
ago, and I still can't find my way around the place.." She bit her bottom
lip lightly and bowed her head, her deep blue eyes downcast toward the
ground for a moment. After tucking a lock of hair behind one ear, the
other
eye half covered by some more of the coppery locks, she raised her gaze
only
to the man, studying him for a long moment.

She drew in a deep breath and decided she'd better introduce herself,
so
she lifted her chin once again and offered her hand. "My name's Skylar.
Up
there..." She pointed toward the ridge where Ari was sleeping.. "...is my
gold, Arianth. And by the way...can you take me to the goldrider's weyrs?
I'm not exactly sure where I should go, and I've got to get things at
least
partly organized in there.." She flashed a rather sheepish smile at her
lack of organization, then shrugged lightly. "But before that, may I ask
who you are? I don't really know anyone."
"Wing Second R`Tal." he introduced himself, the name still feeling strange
to him. "And that back there is my beautiful if lazy brown Talith."
*I`m not lazy!* Talith sounded indignant. *Just because you persist in
attempting to work yourself to death is no reason for me to do so as well.
Or for that matter to let you do so.*
*I know dear one, I was kidding.*
*Oh.* Talith was appeased. *Thats all right then.*
R`Tal chuckled to himself for a second then glanced back at Skylar. "I`ll
take you up to the goldriders weyr then." he said, giving her a halfsmile.
"It`s not far but the place is easy to get lost in."
*I`ll wait here then.*
*Why don`t you go talk to Arianh? She might want to know something about
this place to.*
*Shes asleep.* his dragon informed him. *But if you`re not going to stay
here and rub my eyeridges for me I may as well.*
The dragon stretched before opening his wings to fly up. *Give Skylar my
greetings.*
*I will. And give her dragon mine.*
*Will do.* Another stretch and then talith rose in the air, strong wings
carrying him as he glided up to the ridge. R`Tal watched him, mesmorized for
a moment, forgetting Skylars presence, lost in the beauty of his dragon.
He shook himself, reminding himself that he had to pay more attention what
he had to be doing. "C`mon then." he said, rather roughly, a little shy.
"I`ll show you where it is."