Month 4 and Month 10 Important Info ((Attn: *ALL Weyrlings and WLM/AWLMs*))

Rosiegirl

Midsummer Dreamers: Month 4 Overview:

Ok, so here’s a list of the lessons/activities that would be expected to happen this month, regardless of if there is a lesson put out on the list or not, as well as various RP opportunity ideas. We are determining which lesson we are going to post to the list still, but if there’s a specific lesson or activity you’d like to see please let us know.

Lesson List/Activities:

~ Continuing physical training based on rider’s age: morning run around the Bowl followed by either calisthenics or the obstacle course on alternating days

~ Continuing series of lessons on Northern Territory: This month’s focus is on Benden and surrounding territory (taught by Harper): geography, weather patterns, history, & politics

~ Continuing Ground Drills: more complex formations, increased time

~ Continuing Dragon-rider Bonding Exercises: blindfold race

~ Continuing Muscle Strengthening/Flight Prep Exercises: more swimming and flapping exercises

~ Making Flying Straps Lesson: taught by leathercrafter

~ Frequent tests on knowledge: testing across all topics

~ Review meeting with WLM/AWLMs on progress to date

~ Firestone pickup from dragonback: weyrlings are on ground tossing bags up to riders who don’t land

~ Fall Experience: maintaining firestone bag supplies for the Wings

~ Flight Gear Fitting: Done by tailor or leathercrafters

RP Opportunities:

~ Reaction to Helping during ‘Fall

~ Firestone bag tossing to riders during ‘Fall: possible muscle strain, or ‘failed’ tossing that doesn’t reach the rider trying to grab the bag (these are *heavy* bags after all and your weyrling might not be physically prepared/strong enough to throw them into the air yet)

~ New earlier schedule annoyance (or not) and physical training in the morning for the human side of the weyrling pair.

~ Trouble making flying straps (weyrlings with leathercraft experience can possibly help other weyrlings)

~ Flight Gear Fitting: the realization that you will be a Threadfighter! Excitement, sudden fear as it’s made more real, a huge ‘wow’ moment perhaps...

Month 4 Review:

So, because there is supposed to be a Month 4 review at the end of the month with your weyrling and the WLM team, I went ahead and made a specific OOC post regarding all the things that would have been covered in this review. If you would not mind taking a look at that OOC post (found here: https://arolosweyr.groups.io/g/OOC/message/160891) and answering a couple of questions that would be greatly appreciated, and would also help us to be better prepared for when your weyrlings are in Month 8 and getting their Interview done before being cleared for moving out of the barracks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Forgotten of Foreth: Month 10 Overview

Ok, so here’s a list of the lessons/activities that would be expected to happen this month, regardless of if there is a lesson put out on the list or not, as well as various RP opportunity ideas. We are determining which lesson we are going to post to the list still, but if there’s a specific lesson or activity you’d like to see please let us know.

Lesson List/Activities:

~ Continuing physical training based on rider’s age: morning run around the Bowl followed by either calisthenics or the obstacle course on alternating days (this would have been happening since they Impressed)

~ Continuing series of lessons on All Territories: This month’s focus is on social structures and inter-weyr interactions between territories, North and South (taught by Harper).

~ Continuing Threadfall Discussion (built on from month 5 lesson): Threadfall Types & Wind Factors Activity

~ Continuing Muscle Strengthening Exercises: Outside the Weyr ‘Wing Flights’

~ Continued Self Defense Training (Advanced lesson, taught by Weyrguard):

~ Continuing *Between* Prep (built on from month 6 lesson): Drills on recognition points around the Weyr

~ ‘Greenrider-only’ Greenflight Lesson: participation is mandatory OOCly *and* ICly.

~ First *Between* (End of Month): First jump is either 1-on-1 with a WLM/AWLM or in your small mentor group but not in a full class setting. Any weyrling with *any* issue is held back from this lesson.

~ First Kill (only after successful First *Between* lesson): Learning to hunt w/ your dragon.

RP Opportunities:

~ RP for ‘greenrider-only’ greenflight lesson.

~ Build up to First *Between* lesson: possible feelings could include anger at being held back, scared, excited, or even overconfident/cocky.

~ First Hunt: relief your dragon can hunt for themselves now, possible squeamishness at dragon ferocity in the hunt spilling over into your mind.

Pre-Month 10 *Betweening* Questionnaire

Alright everyone, I know it seems like we *just* did a Month 8 Interview for your weyrlings, but before we RP *anything* related to a betweening lesson there is a very small questionnaire that I’d like to get answers for in regards to each weyrling. This is especially important for any weyrlings that had problems enough to be either held back from moving out, or allowed to move out with caveats on possibly being pulled back to the barracks if necessary.

Also, the biggest thing to remember is that if your weyrling is still having *any* issues whatsoever, they will not be learning to go *between* with the rest of their classmates. The WLM team will not risk a ‘oh, it’s only a small problem’ weyrling attempting the *between* lesson and then not surviving, and Ko’ssen especially is going to be very strict on making sure all weyrling issues (Impression Anxiety, behavior, bookwork, and physical activity lessons) are all resolved before each weyrling does their *between* lesson.

Here is a link to the Questionnaire that I posted back on July 20th: https://arolosweyr.groups.io/g/OOC/message/160886

Join OOC@arolosweyr.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.